If the only time you've been to Jamestown is to cross the bridges between North Kingstown and Newport you should take a closer look. In addition to Jamestown's natural wonders we also have four museums dedicated to preserving our historic past for all to enjoy in the future.
Located in the lighthouse keeper's quarters, this museum features information and artifacts about the history of the third original lighthouse on the Atlantic seacoast.
With panoramic views of the ocean, this is the perfect spot for picnics, fishing, or exploring the coast with its crashing surf and crystal waters. Featuring the third oldest lighthouse in the US, the museum is open seasonally.
This historic site was the location of an earthen gun battery during the Revolutionary War. Self-guided walking tour provides beautiful views of the West Passage of Narragansett Bay.
Located on the west side of the toll plaza featuring a trail that winds through reeds to the back of the Great Creek estuary. Other great bird viewing areas include Sheffield Cove, Beavertail State Park, and Potters Cove.
This area hosts the Jamestown to Newport Ferry, a boat launch, and a variety of shops and restaurants continuing up Narragansett Avenue.
Once an active fort, the area is now a public camping facility including a boat
ramp, fishing dock, dumping station, showers, and electric hookups.
Open for picnics, exploring, fishing, and open water diving. This fort contains an extensive bunker system used as armed fortifications during World War I and II.
Exhibits include an 1894 steam engine, antique firefighting equipment and
Housed in a 19th century schoolhouse, this museum features ferry system
memorabilia, Jamestown history, and special annual exhibits.
Built in 1787 to grind cornmeal by utilizing wind power. Restored and open seasonally on
special tour days.
A beautiful sand beach open to the public.
A fascinating collection of ancient Indian and Colonial artifacts found on Jamestown and generously donated by the Wright family.
A 280 acre working farm operated by the Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities. A self-guided walking tour brochure is available for a 2 mile walking trail. Open to the public June 1 to October 15.