Would you like to
know more about Jamestown?
Check out some of these websites for information on Jamestown past and present.
A compilation of news and current events featuring video of what’s happening in Jamestown.
Departs East Ferry for the trip to Newport every 60 to 90 minutes in the summer; with stops at Rose Island, Fort Adams and Goat Island.
The Watson farm offers visitors a glimpse into the way life was lived in Jamestown for three hundred years. The main farmhouse was built in 1796. The 280 acre working farm has cattle, sheep, horses, a large vegetable garden and two miles of picturesque trails.
Description of the course, amenities and fees.
Photos and site descriptions of four Jamestown area diving sites – Beavertail, the Dumplings and Fort Wetherill plus King’s Beach in Newport.
Jamestown and Newport RI information includes history of the area and things to see and do. Learn about ferry and sightseeing boats, dining, train rides, walks, lighthouses, parks and recreation areas, Newport mansions, other historical sites and museums.
East Bay Bed & Breakfast
Licensed bed and breakfast located steps from shops, restaurants, and water. Four guestrooms with private baths, full homemade breakfasts. Open year round.
Lionel Champlin Guest House
Historic guest house offers 5 beautifully appointed rooms each with private bathroom, premium cotton robes and optional down featherbeds. Apartment suitable for families and longer stays.
Newport County Convention & Visitors Bureau
The NCCVB is the official tourism marketing organization for the six towns of Newport County. The company also operates the Gateway Visitors Information Center in Newport year−round.
Parks & Recreation
This former coastal defense site, once named Fort Dumpling, sits upon 100 foot high granite cliffs offering spectacular views of Newport Harbor. Description, photos and history.
Photographs and information about the bridge and plans for its demolition.
A brief history of Jamestown and environs. Formation of Narragansett Bay by glacial action, Native Americans, Colonists, changes to way of life over time. Provides links to more detailed information.
History, photos, old postcards and more. The lighthouse, built in 1856, and a lighthouse museum are located in Beavertail State Park at the rocky southern tip of Conanicut Island (Jamestown RI).
History of the light, hours of operation, directions, FAQ, pictures, information on museum membership and activities.
A chapter of the American Lighthouse Foundation, the Society is working for complete restoration of the historic 1857 Dutch Island lighthouse located on in West Passage, Jamestown RI.
Compiled by the Rhode Island Economic Development Corporation. Includes short description of Jamestown, information on municipal government structure, list of officials and contact data, census information and economic data.
Official website of the Town of Jamestown. Scheduled town meetings, due dates for municipal taxes and fees, listings of town agencies and officials with phone numbers and email addresses, links to other government agencies and websites with useful local content. Entire current Jamestown Comprehensive Community Plan and Code of Ordinance are linked from this site.
Minutes of meetings of Town Council, School Committee, Planning Commission, Zoning Board, Charter Review Committee, Buildings and Facilities Committee; plus assessment data.
Created in 1954, this Jamestown-based Authority built, operates and maintains the Newport (Pell) Bridge and maintains the Mount Hope Bridge. Contains photos, facts and history of both bridges.
The Conanicut Island Art Association, Jamestown RI, encourages art education, produces three major shows a year featuring local artists and maintains ongoing displays of their work.
The chorus puts on a winter and spring show each year, and participates in concerts, Christmas tree lightings, choral festivals, exchange concerts, talent shows, and sentimental journeys.
A non-profit, volunteer organization, founded in 1990, committed to fostering the growth of arts, culture, social awareness, and education of Jamestown young people through joint involvement of youth and adults in theater productions and discussion of related social issues.
History and capabilities of the department and description of the Fire Museum which includes a fully operational 1894 Lafrance steam fire engine.
Incorporated in 1847, the library was named for a debating society. Hours of operation, programs, online catalog search.
Note: Some of the Jamestown-related web sites shown above are listed in the Open Directory listings for Jamestown. The Open Directory is the most widely distributed data base of Web content classified by humans. It powers the core directory services for the Web’s largest and most popular search engines and portals, including Netscape Search, AOL Search, Google, Lycos, HotBot, DirectHit, and hundreds of others.